What is an Air Source Heat Pump

What Are Air Source Heat Pumps

The ever-changing world of technology provides us with innovative and eco-friendly ways to carry our day-to-day lives. With climate change and global warming on the horizon, it’s crucial that we invest in these technological advancements to power our homes. This means we are altering the way we consume energy.

An increasingly popular alternative to heating our homes is air source heat pumps. Air source heat pumps are revolutionary heating systems that utilise renewable energy to heat up homes and properties.

What Is an Air Source Heat Pump

Benefits of using a Heat Pump

Here are some of the many advantages of using an air source heat pump.

Provides heating and hot water for your home

Perfect for properties that have limited outside space

One of the lowest investment costs for heat pumps

Small and compact

Suitable for a range of properties

Quiet during operation

Compatible with radiators and underfloor heating

Suitable for modern low energy or well-insulated properties

Possible to benefit from Government incentives and grants

Minimal ongoing maintenance

No fuel deliveries or fuel stored onsite

Works in cold outside temperatures

Air Source Heat Pumps What You Need to Know

How Air Source Heat Pumps Work

Air source heat pumps are ingenious devices that capture heat from the outdoor air and transfer it to a liquid refrigerant. This heated refrigerant is then utilised to warm various aspects of your home, including heaters, underfloor heating systems, and even the water cylinder for the hot water supply.

The remarkable aspect of air source heat pumps lies in their efficient operation, as they are designed to work effectively regardless of weather conditions, including freezing temperatures. This makes them a dependable and reliable heating option perfectly suited for diverse climates, ensuring year-round comfort.

How Are Heat Pumps Renewable?

As heat pumps depend on and utilise outdoor air, a naturally replenishing resource, they are considered renewable. Moreover, while air source heat pumps do rely on electricity to operate, a remarkable 75% of the energy needed is sourced from the outside air, leaving only 25% dependent on electricity. This impressive ratio means that 75% of the energy used comes from a renewable source, leading to reduced emissions and a lower CO2 impact on the environment.

an Introduction to Air Source Heat Pumps

Environmental benefits

Here are some environmental benefits of using an air source heat pump.

Require little maintenance

Energy efficient

Generates less CO2

Cheaper to run

Our simple 4 step process

Complete form

Complete our quote form to find out if an air source heat pump is right for you, and to get an estimated install cost.

Final quote

Schedule a call with our team to finalise the costings and incentives, and to answer any questions you may have.

Site visit

We will arrange a convenient day and time to carry out a site visit to check heat loss calculation and installation process.


We carry out the installation of your new air source heat pump and the system is commissioned; you start saving!

Understanding Air Source Heat Pumps

Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps

It’s fair to say that there are many benefits of air source heat pumps. Here are some of the benefits of installing air source heat pumps:

Lower Carbon Footprint – Air source heat pumps burn less fossil fuels and produce less greenhouse gas emissions. This results in lowering your carbon footprint as they are environmentally friendly. Quiet Operation: Air source heat pumps operate quietly, creating a peaceful and comfortable indoor environment.

Lower Maintenance Requirements – Once installed, air source heat pumps require minimal maintenance, reducing the need for regular servicing and saving on maintenance costs.

To conclude, air source heat pumps are a fantastic way to transform your living space, and they can save you money, decrease your carbon footprint and warm up your home.

Our Accreditations

trustmark logo
chas accredited contractor logo
vaillant logo
grant uk
checkatrade logo
Renewable Energy Association Recc Logo
greenmatch logo

Get an instant quote now

Complete our quick and easy form for an instant estimation.