Air Source Heat Pump Installation in Surrey
Air Source Heat Pump Installation Surrey
A not-so-funny thing happened while everyone was hunkered down at home during the past couple of years: the cost of heating oil more than tripled. This has sent many a homeowner in Surrey scurrying to find alternatives to fossil fuels before they burn through their savings to heat the house. Solar panels are expensive and unreliable, and installing a wind turbine is a non-starter for most. Fortunately, there is a 3rd option; an air source heat pump installation in Surrey by Air To Heat.
How Air Source Heat Pumps Work
The air source heat pump extracts heat from the air and transfers it to a fluid which then passes through a compressor where its temperature is increased. This heat is then transferred to the home’s heating and hot water circuits. A heat pump will likely eliminate the need for a boiler, thereby freeing you from dependence on increasingly expensive fossil fuels. But that’s not the only benefit of an air source heat pump. Others include:
- Reduced carbon emissions from your home
- The end to costly fuel deliveries
- Simple, low-impact installation
- Long-term durability and low maintenance requirements
- The ability to heat or cool your home
One of the many remarkable things about the air source heat pump is that it can extract heat from the air down to as low as -15 Celsius. An air source heat pump will require some electricity to run, but they do not by themselves waste energy producing heat like a boiler.
Will an Air Source Heat Pump Work on Your Home
There are some considerations to keep in mind when contemplating an air source heat pump installation in Surrey. For instance:
- You will have to determine if you need planning permission.
- The amount you save will be determined to some extent by the heating fuel you are replacing.
- These units typically work best with underfloor heating systems, but they can work with radiators.
- You will need somewhere outside the house to place some of the components of the system.
- Your home should be well insulated if you are to enjoy optimal benefits from this system.
Contact Air To Heat About an Air Source Heat Pump Installation in Surrey
Air To Heat are the experts at installing this breakthrough technology in Surrey. You should also be aware that the government is offering to reimburse up to £5,000 of the cost of an installation. So call the team at Air To Heat today on 0208 936 7639 to learn more.